The USA government vision on Internet Freedom in 21 century. Secretary Clinton emphasized that the free flow of information and ideas over digital technologies is important for economic growth;for building sustainable democratic societies; and for meeting global challenges in the years and decades ahead.
Five Key Freedoms of the Internet Age
* Freedom of Speech: Blogs, emails, text messages have opened up new forums for the exchange of ideas.
* Freedom of Worship: The Internet enhances people’s ability to worship as they see fit.
* Freedom from Want: Online connections expand people’s knowledge and economic opportunities including locating new markets.
* Freedom from Fear: Those who disrupt the free flow of information threaten individual liberties and the world’s economy and civil society.
* Freedom to Connect: Connecting with others near and far offers unprecedented opportunities for human cooperation.